Regular processing of passports are currently taking approximately eight (8) to eleven (11) weeks to process. Please apply early for your passport.
Passports may be expedited at an extra cost and are currently taking approximately five (5) to seven (7) weeks to process.
The Clerk of District Court Office is a passport acceptance facility. All parties wanting to receive a passport must be present. To apply for a passport, you will need complete the steps outlined below.
You can obtain an application either from this office or you can browse to the US Department of State and download the form online.
The Clerk of District Court Office will accept passports from 8:00 - 4:15. We will not accept passports later than this due to the time needed to process the application.
Proof of Citizenship
The proof of citizenship will be mailed to the passport agency with your passport application and returned with your passport. You will need to present one of these documents as proof of citizenship:
- Certified copy of your birth certificate, issued by the Department of Vital Records
- Original Certificate of Naturalization
- Previously issued passport
One Passport Photo
This must be 2 by 2 inches, full face, with a white background. Passport photos are available from Walgreens, Wal-Mart, Dunlap Photography, Photo Imaging, and travel agencies.
A valid driver's license or other approved government-issued identification must be presented.
- Application fee - check (no counter checks) or money order payable to U.S. Department of State
- Processing fee - check payable to Clerk of District Court, money order, cash or credit card - $35
- Passport book-(Good for any travel)
- Ages 16 and older is $130
- Expedited fee under six weeks is $60 plus the application fee
- 1-2 day shipping back to applicant $18.32
- Under 16 years of age is $100
- If you are choosing to expedite you will also need an express mail stamp for $26.95.
- Passport Card-(These are only good for land and/or sea travel to Mexico or Canada)
- Ages 16 and older is $30
- Expedite fee under six weeks is $60 plus the application fee
- Under 16 years of age is $15
Children Passports Requirements
If you are applying for a passport for a child under the age of sixteen, both parents must appear with the child to sign the passport application and provide identification verifying parental relationship.
The forms are available online at the US department of state website.
Please contact our office for assistance at (307) 682-3424.