- Your Government
- Sheriff's Office
- About Us
- Detention Center
- Inmate Visitation Policy
Inmate Visitation Policy
The Campbell County Detention Center provides a video visitation system for inmates and their visitors, called Telmate. This system provides real time video and audio communication between inmates and visitors. Any inmate can be connected to any visitor.
The visitor center is located in the front of the jail facility. There are six visitation ports. All stations are wheelchair accessible. Inmates have access to eight ports within the facility. Campbell County is the second county in the state to provide video visitation.
Visitation is on the half hour and is done through the Telmate kiosk system. A maximum of up to 2.5 hours of visitation may be scheduled at one time. The detention staff may cancel or alter visitation at any time.
- 8:00 am - 10:00 am
- 12:30 pm - 3:30 pm
- 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm
Please advise the following policies regarding inmate visitation:
- A maximum of two visitors will be allowed in the visiting room at one time, excluding small children. If the children are unruly or loud, the entire visit may be cancelled and the visitor asked to leave.
- Visitors may be restricted from visiting inmates by the courts or detention staff.
- It is the responsibility of the inmate to notify the visitor of any visiting changes or procedures.
- Wearing clothing with messages, holding up signs, displaying nudity, or behaving sexually, is prohibited.
- Visits can be terminated at any time due to inappropriate behavior by the inmate or the visitor.
- All visits are recorded and may be monitored at any time.
- Inmates will be allowed three (3) free visits a week through Telmate. Telmate sets the pricing of visiting/phone usage.
- No cell phones or electronic devices will be allowed in the visiting room.
- Visitors must check in with Main Control with valid identification prior to visiting.
**VISITORS VIOLATING RULES OR FAILING TO COMPLY WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE AND FUTURE VISITS MAY BE SUSPENDED.**