License Plates and Vehicle Registration

Registrations can be done in person at our office located at:

500 S. Gillette Ave Suite 1700
Gillette, WY 82716

Or through the mail at:

PO Box 1027
Gillette WY 82717

Wyoming registrations can be renewed at any courthouse in Wyoming by having current registration and insurance. Online renewals is something we are working on and hope to have up and running by the end of 2015.


Please provide us with the following:

  • Wyoming Title in your name, which can be obtained from the Clerk's Office Titling Department
  • Proof of Insurance
  • Vehicle invoice (if purchased from a dealer)
  • License plate number if you are wanting to transfer from a different type of vehicle

If you want to transfer your license plate number you will be required to bring the license plate in if you are transferring from a different type of vehicle (i.e., from a car to a truck, truck to a motorcycle).


Please provide us with proof of insurance and current registration OR name and plate.

WYDOT Wildlife Plates

WYDOT Wildlife plates can be purchased online.


Please provide us with proof of insurance, and out of state registration OR Wyoming title in your name (current or expired).


Please provide us with proof of insurance, a notarized title OR dealer invoice, OR notarized bill of sales showing date of sale, seller, purchaser, full description of the vehicle, and purchase price. SALES TAX MUST BE PAID PRIOR TO US ISSUING A TEMPORARY PERMIT.

A nonresident owner of a vehicle, or any owner upon transfer of ownership or lease, may as an alternative to annual registration, obtain not more than one (1) temporary registration in a twelve (12) month period. The temporary registration authorizes operation of the vehicle on the highways of this state for a period of 30, 60 or 90 days. Therefore, if any temporary is issued from the Treasurer's Office, once it expires it cannot be extended and you must purchase a regular vehicle registration.


Please provide us with your property tax bill OR name and address taxes are under. The name on the taxes is based on ownership as of January 1st of the tax year.