Often times the dealership will send your title paperwork to our office. If we need additional information or fees, we will attempt to notify you upon its receipt. If the title to the vehicle you purchased was issued out of state, you will need a VIN inspection performed by a law enforcement officer. You may take your vehicle to the appropriate agency or contact them to schedule a VIN inspection.
Vehicles located in the city limits
Gillette Police Department
201 E 5th ST
Gillette, WY 82716
Vehicles located outside the city limits, but within Campbell County
Campbell County Sheriff
600 W. Boxelder
Gillette, WY 82718
If you receive the title work from your dealer, you will need to bring in the following documents:
Vin inspection form
- Certificate of title signed by the seller(s) according to the law of the issuing state.
- Lien release for any liens not released on the certificate of title.
- Odometer statement completed and signed by the selling dealer and buyer (applicable only on vehicles 10 years or newer)
- VIN inspection form completed by law enforcement
- Financing paperwork if you have financed the vehicle